Golden Bay Online was created by Richard Baker of ProTech as a resource to benefit the whole community of Golden Bay.
“I moved to Golden Bay at the end of 2013. A lot of things needed to be arranged before I arrived, but looking on the internet I couldn’t find the services I needed. As a result, quite a few local businesses missed out, as most of the work went to companies over the hill that had listings online. It was only after I arrived in the area and saw the Golden Bay Community Telephone Directory and GB Weekly newspaper that I realised that the services I needed were indeed available locally.”
“The reality of the modern world is that most young and middle aged people will use the internet as the first port of call when searching for information or services. This has become even more prevalent in recent years due to the wide availability of internet connected smartphones, such as the iPhone. Most tourists or people travelling in from outside the area are also going to be looking on the internet to see what is available in the area. Not being online is simply not a viable option for businesses these days. Having more than 20 years’ experience in IT, this is something I felt I could help local businesses with.”
“I understand that most local businesses do not have the budget to have a full website created, hosted and managed and especially not small or home businesses. Golden Bay Online to gives all local businesses, big or small, a very cost effective solution to get their details online and get found. A basic listing is just $20 per year.”
Benefits to the People of Golden Bay:
- Keep up to date with current and upcoming events.
- Comment on events, ask the event organiser questions, or offer your help.
- Find contact information for an event.
- Find the location of an event or business.
- Tell the organiser you will be attending by clicking the button provided on the event page.
- Like events or businesses.
- Give a star rating or post reviews on your favourite places.
- Find contact details for businesses, clubs or societies.
Please enjoy the site and I hope it provides a valuable resource for our wonderful community.
Benefits to Businesses:
- All local businesses, even the small home-based ones, are provided with a platform to promote themselves online to the local community as well as to the numerous visitors to Golden Bay.
- Upload up to five images about your business (photos or logo)
- Upload a PDF document (such as a menu or price list)
- Your business address will show customers where you are via Google maps.
- Supply customers with all the contact information they need to get hold of you.
- Give a detailed explanation of what your business offers and what makes you great.
- The more businesses and people who use the site, the more it benefits all of us through improved search engine rankings.
Please enjoy the site and I hope it helps your business to grow.
If you would like to contribute to the running and maintenance of this site, donations will be very gratefully received via the Donate button below.
All the best!